Wednesday, September 3, 2008

McCain Drops Palin

Wouldn't that be something? Don't you just love those blog headlines that are there just to drive traffic? Huh. And, of course, if I don't have the words McCain and Palin in the body, it won't work. There.

Anyway, here's the final cover art for Ralph Snart Adventures #2. The cover thumbnail and pencil are here.
Ralph Snart Adventures #2 front cover black and white artRalph Snart Adventures #2 front cover final art
Here's the story synopsis; Determined to once and for all discover Ralph Snart’s amazing brain powers, the Government’s Military Complex picks up where Dr. Goot left off. Meanwhile, Ralph and Doofus create The Crusher – a diabolical device that could leave it’s wearer in a state of inebriation – forever! Art and story by Marc Hansen.

Okay, now do a Google blog search for "McCain drops Palin" and see how high this entry gets!

Update: Well, I just checked, and it was the number one entry. Google needs to do a better job of weeding out morons like me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

No numeration on the cover again? (aside from within the bar code) I was kinda hoping the "!" in the MHS corner box would be replaced by a different symbol for each issue.

9/04/2008 6:03 AM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

I must warn you that the following is a rant... don't take anything personal.

I purposely left off a number one on the first issue to perturb you little buggers.

There's no numeration on the covers to stay away from "number fever". The only difference between a number one and a number two is that speculators will buy more of number one. Dudes, Ralph Snart has been around for over 20 years. I'm not going to retell the origin story just because it's the first issue of a new series. I think we're way past that.

Piss on the speculators, I say. Not true, you say? Well, I've sold more copies of the number one RSA trade paperback than numbers two and three despite the fact that number one is 15-year old reprint material and numbers two and three has all new stuff. Brand new! Meaning never before in print! Hello?

There's an indicia on the inside back cover of the comics, which has all of the pertinent info. Not having a number on the cover doesn't affect retailers or Diamond. At least it shouldn't. Especially after the stink from Diamond about putting barcodes on everything.

Why would I need a different symbol in the masthead? The WHOLE cover is different! There's even a unique title on the cover. And... the ! symbol is for EXCITEMENT!

Sorry, but your comment just drove me momentarily crazy.

9/04/2008 1:01 PM  
Blogger Brian Meredith said...

As a comic book retailer, let me just say... awesome rant, and not having the number on the front cover doesn't affect me. If anyone looks at the issues on the shelf and are confused, I can easily point out the differences. After all, that is what I am there for.

9/06/2008 7:27 PM  
Blogger FJ said...

Good work on the cover, etc. Marc, can't wait for this to be on order!

How are things at home, affected by the hurricanes at all?

9/10/2008 8:29 AM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

Just a lot of rain. No floods. Hanna missed me by 40 miles. Now the drought is only severe!

9/11/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

I can only speak for myself, but on the issue of #1 outselling everything - your old stuff was pretty good, and there is the force of nostalgia to reckon with.

So it ain't all insipid speculation.

10/01/2008 12:00 PM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

I will admit that RSA volumes 4 and 5 were good issues. However, wouldn't readers want to see my latest work? I guess not if it sucks. I may have to hang it up if each thing I do gets less and less worthy. Start getting nostalgic about my new stuff, man.

11/03/2008 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home