Monday, January 19, 2009

Death To The Crazed Fanboy

Well, since I've planned to go digital (again), I've already gotten hate mail from psychotic fanboys with mylar bag fetishes. Okay, here it is... if you don't like Ralph Snart going to digital, tough sh*t. If you pathetic feebs can't deal with it, then don't read Ralph Snart anymore. You won't be missed.

I'm not against print over digital - each have their pros and cons. I'm against the assumption that comics can ONLY be in print. And who in the hell is trying to shove this assumption down the throats of web comic publishers and readers? Collectors, speculators, comic supply manufacturers, comic cons, printers, distributors and retailers, that's who. They stand to lose, and they're the ones that keep perpetuating this misperception.

And what about the rest of you that "just like to have something to hold in their hands" when they read comics? Well, I've got a suggestion, but you probably wouldn't like it, and it's more than a little obscene.

2 Comments:

Blogger FJ said...

We spend so much time in front of computers (and especially laptops) these days that it's not a huge inconvenience to have Snart in digital format only. I, for one, am a fan of Digital Ralph. I have precious little space in my apt these days, and with a little one on the way, that space will get tighter. Since I'm also one who obsesses over having every version/album/single/etc. of any artist I follow, having it digital form only actually helps me to focus more on the content and less on the collection for collection's sake.

Keep it up, Marc, can't wait to buy #2!

1/25/2009 8:43 AM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

Why can't alla you fiends be as civil?

1/25/2009 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home