Monday, March 23, 2009

Help the Environment by Destroying Your Comics

Instead of filling up landfills with your comics, there are several services today that are eagerly awaiting your comic book collection; book repulping companies! Just be sure the repulper you choose can handle the bindery glues used in your graphic novels.

You can also recycle your comics yourself AND save on the senseless expense of toilet paper (I think you get the idea). I don't have a comic in the house and haven't had to buy a roll of TP in six months. If you have a paper shredder, shred your comics and spread in your attic for more insulation. This will help keep your heating and cooling bills lower and reduce your carbon footprint. Comics also make a great compost!

Book-Destruction (repulper)
Earth 911 (find a recycle center near you)

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I see that on the bottom of the main page you can buy some of the later issues of Ralph Snart Vol. 3. Do you have plans to make more digitallly available past issues?

3/23/2009 8:13 PM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

Right now, I have issues 16-24 of volume 3. I'll do 1-15 when I have time. I won't make volume 4 or 5 available until the printed books sell through.

3/23/2009 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home