Thursday, September 16, 2010

iPad Comics Viewer

Update: I uploaded the demo and the source. You'll notice there's no image preloader, which it desperately needs (sorry, no time). Using a server side-script to determine image sizes instead of javascript would help a lot also. Next up - I need to finish my shopping cart!

Just a video for now. Functionality similar to Comixology's iPad app. The viewer supports page turning by swiping the page or tapping the sides. Tap the page to show the header & footer. The footer has a page selector. Double-tap zooms in and out. It zooms in centered to wherever you tapped. A lo-res image is displayed while the hi-res is loading.



Tomorrow I'll post a live demo and source code. It's html, css and javascript so with PhoneGap, you could probably make an app pretty easily. As a web app, however, parts should be rewritten using server-side scripts. This is a rough build but seems to work! There's a few hiccups, but I'll fix those later - I've got some other projects to work on. It should also work for the most part on Android since it uses WebKit.

Sorry for the sucky video, but my camera is also sucky.

2 Comments:

Blogger MULNIX said...

Looks great, Marc. I remember when you wrote the editorial notes to one of the Snart comics and complained about using a computer for the first time, and that you could have bought a new VW with that kind of money. I guess you've brushed up on your skillz the past couple of decades!

9/16/2010 10:01 PM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

True! Around that time a Mac IIci would've cost almost $7K - plenty for a couple of Bugs. Also, marking time with the word "decades" sucks to hear - thanks.

9/17/2010 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home