Wednesday, October 27, 2010

RSA Ebooks

Been working on ebooks for Ralph Snart and have finally made a decision on what to do. I'm going to redo all of the books starting with Volume 4 #1. I'll release each book as I finish recoloring them (instead of using black & white or using scans of the original comic books). This way they'll look a whole lot better plus as a side benefit, the file sizes will be smaller (about 7 MB per book). I was never thrilled with the job the "NOW Staff" did with coloring these books, which was another reason to recolor.

The books will be available through my store only (nothing on Apple's iBook store for now). Just have to modify my IPN script and adapt it to my new shopping cart code.

The format will be the same as before; an encrypted and stamped pdf. I updated the encryption from 40-bit RC4 to 256-bit AES, but will probably go with 128-bit AES since some pdf readers don't support 256 bit yet). Stamping will be the same as before; on each page will be the buyer's name, email address and PayPal Transaction ID.

 

After Volume 4, I'll do Volume 5 including the 2 lost issues. Most of Volume 6 is already colored, so that won't take as long. Hopefully, after Volume 7, I'll catch up to the current Volume 8 (and hopefully before we're all dead and buried). I'm not as concerned with Volumes 1-3. With those, I may skip around and do select issues which I liked in particular (like the Summer of Ill Repute issue). BTW, Volume 8 is the last volume!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you say Vol. 8 is the last volume, do you mean no more Snart? Or is volume 8 just the most up to date?

10/27/2010 4:01 PM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

It'll be the most up to date.

10/27/2010 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!

10/27/2010 6:30 PM  
Blogger FJ said...

I'll probably buy it to support the cause - even though my comic book boxes are still tucked securely in my parents' attic. Wow...Vol 4 #1. I was in middle school and was absolutely thrilled when I got my hands on it after missing Snart for some time post-Vol3. I liked the original cover a little better :)

"I pinch you head!" *splorxt" *sigh*....

10/28/2010 7:55 AM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

This is the original cover - the newsstand version that is. The direct market version was a wraparound, which doesn't make much sense with an ebook.

11/03/2010 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home