Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year

2010 was a busy year with the two moves, house buying and selling and the rework of the MHS online store. On the unfortunate side, no new Snart was created and no beer brewed.

Hey, if you weren't aware, Ralph Snart turns 25 this Summer (let that sink in for a moment). I'd like to hear any suggestions on how to celebrate it. Some new Snart will definitely be called for).

Updates:

- No word from iTunes Connect / Apple. I'll wait two more weeks - if no word, then on to Plan B (PDF ebooks sold on the MHS online store).

- The coloring for RSA Comic Collection #3 is done. Now I'm going back and tweaking the color for #2, which will take another week or so. Then I'll begin #1 (only 150 pages!). I'd like to get that done by the first of March. After that, I'd really, really like to color the two Weird Melvin books (Comic book and comic strip series).

- Still testing the electric brew kettle. It works but only heats up to 204°F, which isn't quite enough to give a "vigorous ebullition". I'll try insulating the kettle to see if that'll help raise the temp (course it's not helping that my basement is only 59°F). If that doesn't work, I'll have to have 220 service wired in by an electrician and use a higher watt heating element.

- Made some kombucha (fermented tea). Haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know if it's any good.

More Updates:
- When insulated, brew kettle got up to 210°F - still not enough. Will switch from 110 to 220 in order to get a higher watt heater element. Turns out my electrical box is ready to go for 220 service - just need to install a 220 receptacle. If I ever get this figured out, I'll post my final kettle specs.

- Kombuch tasted kickin'. Will need to tweak a few things: I'll try more tea and less sugar to see if that improves the taste. Also, will bottle and cap instead putting it in canning jars, which didn't seal in the carbonation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hanger18shirts said...

What about plans for doing cons in 2011 ?

1/01/2011 7:36 PM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

No plans yet. We'll see...

1/02/2011 10:36 AM  
Blogger FJ said...

25. wow. Congrats!

More Snart is certainly called for but you covered that. I still have my trading cards and that weird sponge thing tucked away somewhere.

But since it's all about the digital these days...maybe a CafePress store with Snart gear if you don't already have it. Cuz that's what every 31-year old father of a toddler needs, is a "Gangway, Fatheads" Tshirt in extra large while taking him on a walk near home.

1/05/2011 8:16 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

25 years...wow. I first discovered Ralph Snart when I was seven. The year was 1992. I bought "Mind Games: Part 3 of 3". I was at my grandparent's house in Westbrook, Maine (right outside Portland), and my mother and I had to make a stop at the LaVerdier's Rexall. It was on one of those revolving comic rocks (amongst 'Archie' and various Disney titles....I had to admit, I was an avid Uncle Scrooge reader as well) I remember bringing it back to my grandparents and literally laughing my butt off all night.

To celebrate, we should all hit-up an extraordinary brew pub together.

1/16/2011 3:02 AM  
Blogger Marc Hansen said...

I'll admit when, back in the day, I saw a similar rack. Odd to have one comic of a lunatic doing a keg bong next to one with a bunch of talking ducks looking for treasure.

1/16/2011 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home